ModPlus consists of several separate components:
- Configurator - is the base of the ModPlus. It is used for configuring plugins, setting up menus, selecting the binding of your version, etc.
- Auto-update module - is a special designed module that monitors and updates ModPlus components in automatic mode. The auto-update module also allows you to put updates or missing components in offline mode (without access to the internet network)
- Working libraries - libraries (* .dll) required to connect ModPlus to AutoCAD/Revit, as well as auxiliary libraries and third-party libraries
- Data bases - contain information on assortments, materials, etc. The databases are made in the form of dll-libraries and are used by some plugins for AutoCAD
- Dwg Base - is a special database of files in the * .dwg format used by the Dwg base plugin
- Plugins - directly plugins themselves in the form of single dll-libraries
This breakdown allows you to update components of ModPlus independently of the other components, which in turn leads to the main plus - you do not need to wait for updating the entire ModPlus. For example, you found a bug in some plugin and told the authors. And tomorrow you and all other users will be able to get a new version of the plugin with a fixed bug (of course, this is subject to the availability of opportunities for developers). There are no more such features in any software!
ModPlus is written using Net Framework 4.5 and higher. Accordingly, its operation requires Windows 7 and higher.
ModPlus supports AutoCAD from version 2013 and Revit since version 2015. Some Functions for Revit work only in later versions (2016, 2017, etc.) for reasons beyond our control.